So I opened my comments only to find that the lovely and talented Josie from MindJoBusiness, who happens to be by far, my favorite place to go to learn her most interesting and spot on views about the world and dating(https://mindjobusiness.com/) nominated me for the Liebster Award!!!
To learn more about what that means click here
For those who are unfamiliar, the Liebster Award is a blogger community award, given to bloggers by bloggers. It introduces readers to newer or lesser known blogs AND allows you to get to know the person behind the words! I am so excited to be a part of this and learn more about my fellow bloggers!!
I started blogging about 4 years ago as a way to clear muttled memories from my mind, heal my soul and connect with like minded and some not so like minded humans. My experience has been amazingly positive, inspiring and at times downright comical. I have met some of the most brilliant minds and thoughtful beings along the way…for that I am eternally grateful.
Part of being nominated is the answering of several hand picked questions…
1. Why did you start your blog?
I started my blog as a way to make sense of the senseless things that were happening to me. In a single year I was diagnosed with cancer, lost my job, lost my home as a result of losing my job due to cancer, was found unresponsive by my daughter and diagnosed with serotonin syndrome as a result of all the medications I was on to combat my disease, was hit as a pedestrian by a truck fracturing my back, skull, rupturing my implants (damage to the reconstruction from breast cancer surgery), my mother was diagnosed for a second time with breast cancer, my daughter left for college, I started a new job and my son left for the Air Force. It was quite a traumatic time in my life and I needed an outlet
2. What have you learned about yourself since blogging?
That I am not alone and that has been the most profound lesson for me. There is a community of amazingly supportive souls out there suffering too, but still making baby steps every day and still reaching out to one another in solidarity.
3. What advice would you give the 13 year old you?
EAT. Your body is not a weapon and control is an illusion.
4. What was the most difficult topic/post that you ever wrote and why?
The one that was the most raw for me was the letter I wrote saying goodbye to the person I believe is my soul mate.
That whole truth about loving someone and setting them free…it was the hardest thing I have ever done and continue to strive to let go.
5. List 4 places/activities that you would love to go on for a date.
Absolutely anything outdoors, anywhere….beach, park, camping, kayaking, hiking. Anything involving nature. I find it very telling how a man reacts to nature, what details he picks up on, what he sees and appreciates or lack thereof. I find that if a man can get pleasure from natural surroundings they tend to be more in tune with my spirit.
6. Discuss one thing about yourself that you would never want to change.
I choose to see everyone with fresh eyes and not allow the disappointments and lessons from my past jade or shape how I interact with the next person. I don’t wish to become bitter but stay an open vessel.
7. Who is someone that you will never forget and why?
Dr. Hatem Abou-Sayed (Tim)~ He is by far the smartest man I have ever met and the most humble. I worked with him a long time ago at a plastic surgery practice and we became friends. He has supported my writing, encouraged me to continue when I wanted to give up and has never treated me with an ounce of anything less than respect and sincerity. He had a major hand in my reconstructive surgery which helped me feel like a human being again and is an overall amazing surgeon, businessman, entrepreneur and I am lucky that I get to add friend to that list.
8. What is one quality you look for in a significant other? Elaborate.
Transparency. It’s as simple as that. I need trust, openness, honesty.
9. Describe your perfect day.
Any day I am breathing.
10. What is one experience that has changed your life?
A camping trip with my best friend, that is when I realized that I am not alone in the universe, that a greater power was out there and more importantly was paying attention to ME and my needs, my struggles, my desires, my pain. It transformed the way I saw the world and myself and solidified my purpose was HERE on this planet. I am getting ready to publish a piece on it, so I will include a link in the comments section.
So now you know a little bit about me, I can’t wait to learn more about my nominees…As always with blog awards, here are the RULES…
If you have been nominated for The Liebster Award, and you choose to accept it, write a blog post about the Liebster award in which you:
1. Thank the person who nominated you, and post a link to their blog on your blog.
2. Display the award on your blog.
3. Answer the questions provided by the person who nominated you.
4. Nominate 5-11 blogs that you feel deserve the award, who have less than 1000 followers. You can always ask the blog owner this since not all blogs display a widget that let readers know this information.
5. Create a new list of questions for the bloggers to answer.
6. List these rules in your post. Once you have written and published it, you then have to:
7. Inform the people/blogs that you nominated them for The Liebster Award, and provide a link for them to your post so that they can learn about it.
The questions I have for my fellow bloggers are as follows…
- What inspires you?
- What are you passionate about?
- What is your worst writing habit?
- What lessons have you learned from other bloggers?
- What lesson have you taught yourself?
- If you could go anywhere in the world, where would you go and why?
- If love were currency, how much value would you place in it?
- Do you believe in a higher power?
- What is the source of your greatest strength?
- Where do you want to be in 5 years?
Thank you so much again Josie!!! I adore your work and value our friendship!!